[Zope] WebDAV

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro luiz at engenhosolucoes.com.br
Wed Jun 29 00:19:49 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro wrote at 2005-6-27 16:00 -0300:
>
>>I'm using webdav to update to access files from Dreamweaver and it is
>>working fine but when I try to use windows web folders feature it fails
>>with the following error in zope log. It seems that windows is
>>requesting the PROPFIND before authenticating. Any clues?
>>
>>Zope Version (Zope 2.7.5-final, python 2.3.5, linux2)
>>Python Version 2.3.5 (#2, May 4 2005, 08:51:39) [GCC 3.3.5 (Debian
>>1:3.3.5-12)]
>>System Platform linux2
>>
>>Time  	2005/06/27 15:05:48.973 GMT-3
>>User Name (User Id) 	Anonymous User (None)
>>Request URL 	http://my.server/clientes/PROPFIND
>>Exception Type 	Unauthorized
>>Exception Value 	<strong>You are not authorized to access this
>>resource.</strong>
>

> This, by itself, is completely normal.
>
> MS WebDAV Access should in this case show a login dialog.
> After providing the correct authentication info, you should
> be able to access the folder.
>
> The "MS WebDAV Access" in my Windows XP Professional behaves in this way.

Hi Dieter,

The login dialog is show but even with my manager password it's not able
to login. The error message above is repeated after each atempt. With
Netdrive or Dreamweaver it works fine but windows web folders is a good
feature for simple "users". I thought that some kind of workaround was
available. Even with Chris sugestion to use full url with user and
password has failed.

I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Thanks,

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro