[Zope] strcoll_nocase gone after moving site?

Daniel Dekany ddekany at freemail.hu
Thu Jun 30 16:28:29 EDT 2005

I have to move a Plone site to another server (from some FreeBSD to a
new Trustix), while also switching from Zope 2.7.x<5 to 2.7.6, and from
Python 2.3.x<5 to Python 2.3.5. I have built everything from source,
copied 1:1 the Products and Extension directory into a fresh new zope
instance, also imported the exported Plone site into it. Was this
procedure incorrect? Because till now the result is a disaster; things
that worked till now suddenly don't work anymore.

Anyway, this is what currently seems to win over me:

DocumentTemplate\sequence\SortEx.py line 172:

    elif f_name in ("locale_nocase", "strcoll_nocase"):
        func = strcoll_nocase

And here "global name 'strcoll_nocase' is not defined". I figured this
is because in the same file earlier, line 136:

    import sys
    if sys.modules.has_key("locale"): # only if locale is already imported
        from locale import strcoll

        def strcoll_nocase(str1, str2):
            return strcoll(str1.lower(), str2.lower())

and there the condition of the if is false. If I add

  import locale

before that if, then the error disappears.

Any idea what's going on? Why is the locale module be expected to be
already imported, and why is it not imported when it was on the other
server?

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany