[Zope] ZODB issues

Craig Lewis clewis at ebaseweb.com
Tue Mar 1 16:12:10 EST 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>This is a missing ZClass...

This is probably my whole problem, is there a way to figure out what is
missing?  I would guess that I have failed to add a zope add on of some
sort, I have installed all of Plone and Zope to the best of my knowlege.

I have since gotten a better feel for what is broken. I had forgotten
yesterday that I can browse all of the database folders and plone
objects in the management interface, but when I try to view a 'top
level' (of folder) object, or open the equivelent page through a
browser, I get an error, but if I open a specific object via server, I
can see that object without error. i.e.
if I try...
dev.esginc.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.esginc.com:80/site1/pr/VirtualHostRoot/content
I get
Error Type: NotFound
 Error Value: document_view

if I try

dev.esginc.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.esginc.com:80/site1/pr/VirtualHostRoot/content/city3.jpg

I get the image.  So the basic server works, but there is some script in
all the top level web pages that is linked against something I don't
have ? (although you would think I would get a more informative error
message... ?)

>You forgot to define "root":
>
>    from Zope import app
>    root = app()

but this is just in the debugger ? there is nothing I have to do to
define root in the server in zope/zserver .... right ?