[Zope] DateTime: Get DateTime-Objekt from german dateformat %d.%m.%Y

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 11:38:21 EST 2005

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Ulmer wrote:
>> Where does this string originate?
>
>  From my html-form entered by users.

Aha - well, I use Formulator for forms, so if the form has validated I
know I can safely use string manipulation to assemble the DD-MM-YYYY
subfields into an ISO date.

Assuming you are validating this input prior to trying to stuff it in
the dB (you should!), it should be possible to create the ISO-formatted
string as you validate.

If you want an example of how I do this with Formulator (which I find v.
useful!), I'd be happy to send one...

HTH

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-- Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005. RIP.