[Zope] DeadlockDebugger - Anyone tried using it?

Chris Kratz chris.kratz at vistashare.com
Thu Mar 3 12:11:18 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 11:30 am, Allen Schmidt wrote:
> I installed it and the python threading pieces it needs as directed.
> Modified the config file as directed. Moved the folder under Products as
> directed. Restarted my 3 Zope/ZEO clients.
>
> It does not show up as a Product in the CP and passing the SECRET phrase as
> directed results in a "Resource not found" error and "Resource:
> manage_debug_threads GET"
>
> No other errors or complaints that I can see starting Zope. Does the ZEO
> server need to be restart? Just not sure.
>
> We get Zope clients that will spin and spin and never come back.  Sounds
> like this is supposed to let one 'see' what is hanging. My impression
> anyway.
>
> Thanks
> -Allen
>
> Etienne Labuschagne wrote:
> > I have used it successfully under Windows.  Don't know if my knowledge
> > would be any good for Linux.  What exactly seems to be the problem?
> >
> > Etienne

Sounds like your getting an error in the product on startup.  Change the debug
mode to on in your zope.conf and start zope directly.  You should see errors
as to why the product isn't getting loaded.

I just recently installed Deadlock debugger under linux and tested without
problem.  My first attempt didn't have the .so file in the right place for
the python interpreter to find.  Fixing that made everything work as
indicated.

-Chris

--
Chris Kratz