[Zope] thanks jonathan but problem remains.

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Fri Mar 4 02:55:27 EST 2005

Am Freitag, den 04.03.2005, 05:55 +0000 schrieb prabuddha ray:
> jonathan sir ,
>   thanks for that detailed solution. but i guess my problem was
> simpler. i cudnt explain it properly .
>
> I've to rebuilt a login page in zope which i'd developed in asp.
> I'd used javascript to do wat u've mentioned in 3rd soln.
> but the javascript is not at all being executed in zope.
> This is wat i wanted : as soon as i select a district from a
> combobox the corresponding user list in next combobox sud
> appear.the data are being fetched from Mysql using the ZSQL
> queries.
>
> AND CAN WE ANYWAY USE JAVASCRIPT IN DTML DOCUMENTS.

You can use as many javascript as you want in DTML or
ZPT documents - zope will ignore them and just deliver
them to the client. Its up to the client to interprete
them. In ASP you can have serverside javascript, but
there is not much gain from it - you can do the same
with the default server side language, which in case
of Zope is Python.

Use a network sniffer tool with a typical request/response
to learn how the things work.

Regards
Tino