[Zope] Access to Data.fs without Zope ?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Mar 5 12:15:13 EST 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 06:06:23PM +0100, Jurgen Defurne wrote:
> It is now running version 2.6.4-1.6. I must have started with something larger
> than 2.5.1, because thats in Debian woody. That's the problem with living on
> the bleeding edge of course (I run Debian testing).

fyi, 2.6.4 is hardly bleeding edge considering that 2.7.4 is the
current stable zope release.

There must be some way to find out what version of zope & python
would have been in debian testing on a given date... I'd start with that.

> The output I get when using zopectl directly (I even modified the script to
> remove the try/catch statement), just gives a timeout message, not an error.
>
> z2.py runs when started on its own.
>
> I just noticed that there isn't anything under /etc/zopectl. I will first try
> to a working zope.conf file.

I dunno what zopectl script would be used for 2.6.4.
zopectl wasn't shipped with zope until 2.7.0.
Neither was zope.conf.
Sounds like you've got some vendor-specific oddness going on.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com