[Zope] Re: [Zope-DB] Mysql-zope integrations problem

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 19:18:02 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:41:28 +0100, Michele Marcionelli
<michele.marcionelli at math.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Mysqlclient is located at /usr/local2/mysql/lib. How can I configure
> > this to look up ther specified location for mysql client.
>
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local2/mysql/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
>
> or
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local2/mysql/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
>
> and then you have also to put the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your start script
> of zope.

There are two other options:

1) Add /usr/local2/mysql/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig

2) Statically link your MySQL client library into MySQLdb. Do this
before building MySQLdb (you may need to get rid of the build
directory first to force a rebuild):

export mysqlstatic=True

--
Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.

Using GMail? Setting Reply-to address to <> disables this annoying feature.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages all alike.
To go north, press 2. To go west, press 4.
To go east, press 6. To go south, press 8.
If you need assistance, press 0 and a little dwarf
will assist you.