[Zope] Rookie help

Stefan Elwesthal elwis at linuxmail.org
Wed Mar 16 04:37:56 EST 2005

Hello all!

Just started with Zope, since I'm a snake man myself, and so far I find it very useful and interesting indeed. I've stepped through building the ZopeZoo and the tutorial about "the King". (well, almost ;)

Anyway, one thign makes me wonder? Users and access rights! In the examples, there are a guestbook application that nobody can post to since they have to login? Changing the script role as instructed didn't do any help at all. So, I created a user folder in the GuestBook application and added a user. Anyway, nobody can login as this user so that didn't help either?

Could anyone point me to the right place to find out how this things are supposed to work? I feel I'm missing something vital here..

Best regards
Stefan
Sweden