[Zope] proxy roles

Eddy Ilg eddy at fericom.net
Wed Mar 16 11:48:37 EST 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Eddy Ilg wrote at 2005-3-11 20:57 +0100:

>>it says:
>>"Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access Member in this context".
>>Member is a product. How can I authorize the user to access the product?
>>(The user has permission "Add Members").
>

> We also need the traceback (always! when there is one!).
Here is the full traceback:

Site Error Log at  /error_log

Exception traceback
Time 2005/03/16 17:45:20.354 GMT+1
User Name (User Id) Eddy.Ilg (Eddy.Ilg)
Request URL http://guinies.fericom.net/newMemberAction
Exception Type Unauthorized
Exception Value You are not allowed to access manage_changeProperties in
this context

Traceback (innermost last):

Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 307, in _exec
Module None, line 28, in newMemberAction
<PythonScript at /guinies/newMemberAction>
Line 28
Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 307, in _exec
Module None, line 4, in GuinieMember_add
<PythonScript at /guinies/members/GuinieMember_add>
Line 4
Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access manage_changeProperties in
this context

> Are you sure that in this context "Member" is really a (Zope) product
> (this has a precise meaning!)?
Yes, it is.
> You are not supposed to access products directly but through
> a "ProductsDispatcher" ("dest.manage_addProduct[product_name]").
I am using that, here is the portion of my script:

container.members.manage_addProduct["GuinieMember"].GuinieMember_add(Vorname,Nachname)
Password=generatePassword()
container.acl_users.manage_users('Add',{"name":Vorname+'.'+Nachname,"password":Password,"confirm":Password,"roles":[],"domains":[],})

Already the first line raises an error. The user is a user of the local
acl folder (Does this matter?). The script has the proxy role manager set.

Eddy