[Zope] strftime and timezone

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Mar 17 16:14:11 EST 2005

Hong Yuan wrote at 2005-3-17 18:02 +0800:
>My Linux server has its local time zone set to Asia/Shanghai, which has
>the abbreviation 'CST', standing for China Standard Time (GMT+8).
>Unfortunately, the same abbreviation is also used for US Central
>Standard Time (GMT-6) and zope takes this as the default.

A nice problem: using the same abbreviation for different time zones...

>How can I fix this?

The easiest way would be to use a different (and unique) notation for
your timezone, e.g. "GMT+8".

If this is not an option, you will need to change Zope's interpretation
of "CST" -- either by changing its code directly or
by a so called "MonkeyPatch" (you should find information
about monkey patching on Zope.org).

--
Dieter