[Zope] Double and Triple Posts

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:47:20 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:10:23 -0600, Andy Yates <andy at nnu.com> wrote:

> When a user comes to the main page on my site 100+ values are loaded
> from a MySQL db and are stored in the SESSION object.  These values are
> used to customize everything from text to images on the site.  So, there
> are tons of reads and writes to the SESSION object going on all the
> time.
>
> The only problem I've seen is when I am sending email (multiple emails),
> processing credit cards (double,triple billing), and inserts into the db
> (duplicate inserts, key violations).

What MySQL table type are you using? If you are using MyISAM (the
standard type) -- and it sounds like you are -- you are basically
doomed. However, if you convert your database to use InnoDB tables,
which support transactions, you should be fine. What versions of
MySQLdb and ZMySQLDA are you using, and did you explicitly disable
transaction support in ZMySQLDA?
--
Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.

Using GMail? Setting Reply-to address to <> disables this annoying feature.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages all alike.
To go north, press 2. To go west, press 4.
To go east, press 6. To go south, press 8.
If you need assistance, press 0 and a little dwarf
will assist you.