[Zope] Zope 2.7.5 Python requirements

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:40:33 EST 2005

[Allen Schmidt]
> So does 2.7.5 use Python 2.4? How about the new ZODB in 2.7.5? Am still
> trying to find it but I thought I read conflicting statements that 2.7.5 does NOT
> use 2.4 but the new ZODB requires it.

No Zope Corp software requires 2.4, and, indeed, no Zope Corp software
officially supports 2.4 yet.  A bit to the contrary, a security fix in
the Zope 2.7 line triggered a bug in Python 2.4; that will be fixed in
Python 2.4.1 (but 2.4.1 hasn't been released yet).

> Just wanted to clear that up as the issues with the dead threads is supposed
> to be straightened out and I need that.

If I were you, and I were speaking for me, I'd use Python 2.4 regardless.