[Zope] Re: shared/virtual hosting recommendations

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 04:32:08 EST 2005

Hi George,

George Donnelly wrote:
>>They decided to dump TinyTablePlus from their product roster because
>>it's "too old". It actually hasn't been updated in years because it's
>>rock solid and hasn't needed even the tiniest of updates.
>
> clarification: we simply do not offer it with 2 of our most basic plans, where
> we must limit the installed products in order to maintain stability and prevent
> future problems for our most inexperienced clients.

And this just baffles me. You're penalising a product for being "too
stable", how bizare is that?! TinyTablePlus has done it's job just fine
for many a zope version without needing any changes. That's the only
reason why it looks so old. It's still maintained in that I would fix it
  if there were actually any problems...

The fact that in the face of contrary evidence you stick with an
incorrect decision makes me a little nervous ;-)

> actually the client whose banner you took up on this issue came back yesterday
> and signed up for the plan i wanted to recommended for him in the first place.
> problem solved.

Indeed, but it's the way the whole issue was handled that makes me
nervous...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk