[Zope] zForum problem

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 10:42:16 EST 2005

OK - I am stumped! I have just created a zForum in my root folder
without a hitch. The problem is nothing to do with the root folder
acl_users folder or the database connection. It has to be something to
do with CookieCrumbler. Check you only have one installed (I assume you
are not using Plone). Check the version - mine is CookieCrumbler-1.2.
Have a look in __init__.py and CookieCrumbler.py to check they both have
manage_addCC references (i.e. have not been corrupted). Check that files
in the CookieCrumbler folder have read permission for the zope user.

You say the error keeps popping up again and again. Do you mean it pops
up many times during one installation attempt, or just once for each of
many attempts?

I this doesn't help you will need help from zForum or CookieCrumbler
experts. Did you try not checking the Create user folder checkbox? That
leaves out creation of acl_users so may not bother with the addCC call.

Cliff