[Zope] XML from external server

Robert Segall roseg at apsis.ch
Wed Mar 23 12:42:48 EST 2005

Would appreciate your opinion:

I have an external web server that replies to a certain request with an XML
file, with a well defined structure. My goal is to have Zope pick up this
file, and "do stuff" with it: perhaps return the HTML after applying an XSLT,
or - ideally - access its contents (or parts of it) from some page template
and/or DTML.

The XML data (but not structure) may change quite often, independently of
Zope, and I'd like these changes to be visible to the Zope clients, so it's
not only a matter of storing the XML once.

Anybody done anything like it? Hints? Tips? Gotchas? Examples? Products?!?
--
Robert Segall
Apsis GmbH