[Zope] Data Insert Problems

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Mar 23 14:08:39 EST 2005

Jay Zeemer wrote at 2005-3-22 12:47 -0500:
>We have done a bunch of work here, and it seems that what is happening is
>that the form is posting data into Data.fs then out to the SQL database??
>Is this normal??

No, looks as if you were doing something wrong...

> Is there any way to bypass the this process of data going
>into the Data.fs file??

Zope only writes to the "Data.fs" when persistent objects
are changed.

When you want the data to be written to a relational
database, you should not change persistent objects...
Zope, itself, does not do it automatically. Your application
must change the objects...

--
Dieter