[Zope] zope restore

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Mar 25 18:31:59 EST 2005

Colin Rognlie wrote:
> Hi Folks, I've been digging through the website, and I can't find anything
> that really tells me what I need to know, but if it's there, please lmk.
>
> I've been tasked with restoring a zope installation that was on a failed
> raid array a month back.  I've got a new box up, running latest debian,
> etc, and the default zope installation will come up (debian runs zope
> apparently on 9674 instead of 8080), but I cannot get the old zope instance
> to come up at all.
>
> On the old server, zope was in /var/lib/zope2.7/, it's now in /var/lib/zope.
>  The old server was using mostly just the default instance, in
> instances/default.  As far as I've gotten right now is try and copy the old
> 'default' instance to the new zope/instances directory, and use zopectl to
> bring it up.  The Data.fs file in the old installation is 1.7G, so there's
> a lot of data in there that is desperately needed.
>
> I've used zope before, mostly with the cms plone, but I've never run into
> issues of this kind.
>
> Thanks a bunch for any help you can give me, on-list or off.

The instance startup scripts and config files point to a specific Zope
software home. Since this has changed, you're likely running into this
problem.

Either create a symbolic link from the new software home to the old
name, or edit the conf files (in etc/) and startup files (in bin/) for
your instance.

	--jcc