[Zope] question about manipulating zcatalog query results

Ira Sher invisibleira at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:08:32 EST 2005

Chris,
a traceback for a script (testy in this case, called from
testyer_html, as I've broken out the problem area and have been trying
to work around it) using a for loop on a zcatalog result looks like:

    *  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 144, in __call__
      <DTMLMethod instance at 2b98350>
      Physical Path:/sarabande/testyer_html
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 626, in renderwob
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 198, in eval
      __traceback_info__: testy
    * Module <string>, line 1, in <expression>
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 302, in _exec
      __traceback_info__: ({'traverse_subpath': [], 'container':
<Folder instance at 2b923e0>, 'context': <Folder instance at 2b923e0>,
'script': <PythonScript at /sarabande/testy>}, ('Author', 'id',
'none'), {}, None)
    * Module Script (Python), line 16, in testy

NameError: global name '_getiter_' is not defined

There is no call to _getiter_, of course, in the script, but whenever
I use any for looping on the results, I get a variation of the above.

Any thoughts on this?

thanks again,
ira