[Zope] ZEO and session variables.

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Tue May 3 16:58:33 EDT 2005

I am just setting up a multi-headed distributed system with several Zope
heads all communications with a ZEO backend.  The zopes can be on the same
machine or on different machines connected through a high speed backbone.
In our system, all zopes are frontended with pound.

		zope1

      zope2----- ZEO-----zope3

                zope4

We make heavy use of session variables.  Normally, with a single Zope
session variables are stored in a temporary folder, but, as such, they are
are not shared between the zope heads.   In the multiheaded system, the
session variables need to be shared and therefore must be managed by
ZEO.   What is the recommended best practice for this?

--
Dennis Allison * Computer Systems Laboratory * Gates 227
               * Stanford University *  Stanford CA  94305
	       * allison at shasta.stanford.edu
	       * allison at sumeru.stanford.edu