[Zope] Re: Zope 2.75 tgz distribution

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Wed May 4 12:01:49 EDT 2005

Hi Tres.  I duplicated your actions on FC3. Just redownloaded to FC3,
gunzipped and tar -xvf'd and built with no problems at all.

The exact same file, unbundled using WinZip 8 or TurboZip 5.1 on W2K
Server or XP Pro seems to give a very different result, which seems
to be what Paul is seeing.  I have attached a zip of the results for
analysis. A lot is missing when unbundled in this way-- not sure why.
I've never seen problems opening a gz/tar file with either of these
software before.

cygwin could gunzip the file, but not untar it.

The answer seems to be use native gunzip and tar to open this.

Paul-- can I assume that you tried to unbundle on Windows-- if not
what OS and distribution?

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com