[Zope] A memory leak in Zope, PageTemplateFile and macros?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri May 6 13:26:06 EDT 2005

Marco Bizzarri wrote at 2005-5-5 18:07 +0200:
>While debugging an application of us I suspected we had a memory leak,
>so I started with the usual divide et impera approach, trying to figure
>where exactly was the problem.

I tried to reproduce your problem and I used 1.000 requests per round.

Memory does not grow at all when your templates are
put into the ZODB (as "ZopePageTemplates").

After tens of thousands requests, I could observe a small
increase in the memory footprint when I used your
full example. If there is a problem, then it is probably
with "PageTemplateFile". However, the memory increase was
small enough that it could have completely normal causes...

Thus, I cannot reproduce your problem.
I tried with Zope 2.7.2 (+ patches).

--
Dieter