[Zope] formatting tuple to feed to mysql

David Siedband david at generation-xml.com
Mon May 9 18:48:50 EDT 2005

I'm have a tuple that I want to pass to a zSQL query to so I can based
on items in the tuple.  I get the sequence from a zSQL query that
selects a single field, and I'm postprocessing it with the following:

<dtml-let SelectedIDs="[ai[0] for ai in queries.selectDOdocIDs().tuples()]">

Which puts the sequence in brackets like this:

[211, 873, 515, 516, 589]

but mysql seems to want them in parenthesis... because when I try this

select ThemeWords.*
from DocThemes, ThemeWords
where DocThemes.DocID in <dtml-var SelectedIDs>
and DocThemes.ThemeID = ThemeWords.ID

I get a KeyError.

Also, is it possible to pass a list using dtml-sqlvar?

thanks
--
David