[Zope] LDAPUserFolder and roles/groups assignment Problem

Bernard Lange bernard at man.poznan.pl
Wed May 11 05:21:11 EDT 2005

Hi ,

I've instantiated a Group User Folder object for my Zope+Plone
application and configured it to take users from an LDAP server in order
to get users id and passwords validated against LDAP. So far, so good
users can log in using their LDAP credentials.

The underlying users’ source is a LDAPUserFolder. I have configured it
so that the groups are not stored on LDAP. Consequently the groups'
source is default UserFolder.I have also configured Anonymous,Member as
default roles to LDAP users.

I'm using ZOPE (ver.Zope 2.7.5-final, python 2.3.5, linux2) and Plone
(2.0.4.3)with GRUF version: 3.1.1 and LDAPUserFolder 2.4 on Debian box.
All except LDAPUserFolder installed from debian packages.

I have encountered problems with assigning other roles to users. When I
enter acl_users/Users tab of my Plone site check one of the users and
the role I want to assign, confirm it I get the following error:
********************
Site error:

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The
errors were:

Error Type
     AttributeError
Error Value
     'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
Request made at
     2005/05/11 11:04:33.681 GMT+2
**********************

The full stack trace from error log is as follows:

********************
Exception Details
Back to Error Log

Time
     2005/05/11 11:07:35.111 GMT+2
User Name (User Id)
     zopeadmin (zopeadmin)
Request URL
     http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone/acl_users/changeOrCreateUsers
Exception Type
     AttributeError
Exception Value
     'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
     * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.GroupUserFolder, line 1372, in
changeOrCreateUsers
     * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.GroupUserFolder, line 1110, in
_updateUser
     * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.GroupUserFolder, line 1057, in
_doChangeUser
     * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.LDAPUserFolderAdapter, line 138,
in _doChangeUser
     * Module Products.LDAPUserFolder.LDAPUserFolder, line 1497, in
manage_editUserRoles

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

Display traceback as text
REQUEST
form
changeOrCreateUsers	'Change'
default_password	'<password obscured>'
new_users	[]
users	['bernard']
roles	['Reviewer']
cookies
cookieTest	'1'
__ac_name	'bernard'
tree-s
'eJzTyCkw5NLIKTDiClZ3hANXW3WuAmOuRKCECUjWFEXWFyRrBpY1B8laAGVDci1LowJtQTKWXIlAABQ3NEDS5pxfDpI0NOSCyCFb6JqbD5YzhsqZIMn5ZTuC5UzBpuoBAF0OLNI'
__ac	'YmVybmFyZDoxMjNhYmM%3D%0A'
_ZopeId	'63617490A10pAKsRfQA'
lazy items
SESSION	<bound method SessionDataManager.getSessionData of
<SessionDataManager instance at 420c05f0>>
other
TraversalRequestNameStack	[]
roles	['Reviewer']
AUTHENTICATED_USER	zopeadmin
URL	'http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone/acl_users/changeOrCreateUsers'
SERVER_URL	'http://myhost:9673'
AUTHENTICATION_PATH	''
PATH_INFO	'/copy_of_plone/acl_users/changeOrCreateUsers'
PUBLISHED	<bound method GroupUserFolder.changeOrCreateUsers of
<GroupUserFolder instance at 41924da0>>
default_password	'<password obscured>'
new_users	[]
ACTUAL_URL	'http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone/acl_users/changeOrCreateUsers'
users	['bernard']
URL0	http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone/acl_users/changeOrCreateUsers
URL1	http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone/acl_users
URL2	http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone
URL3	http://myhost:9673
BASE0	http://myhost:9673
BASE1	http://myhost:9673
BASE2	http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone
BASE3	http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone/acl_users
BASE4	http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone/acl_users/changeOrCreateUsers
environ
HTTP_COOKIE	'cookieTest=1;
tree-s="eJzTyCkw5NLIKTDiClZ3hANXW3WuAmOuRKCECUjWFEXWFyRrBpY1B8laAGVDci1LowJtQTKWXIlAABQ3NEDS5pxfDpI0NOSCyCFb6JqbD5YzhsqZIMn5ZTuC5UzBpuoBAF0OLNI";
_ZopeId="63617490A10pAKsRfQA"; __ac="YmVybmFyZDoxMjNhYmM%3D%0A";
__ac_name="bernard"'
SERVER_SOFTWARE	'Zope/(Zope 2.7.5-final, python 2.3.5, linux2)
ZServer/1.1 Plone/2.0.4'
SCRIPT_NAME	''
REQUEST_METHOD	'POST'
HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE	'300'
SERVER_PROTOCOL	'HTTP/1.1'
channel.creation_time	1115802248
CONNECTION_TYPE	'keep-alive'
HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET	'ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7'
HTTP_USER_AGENT	'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.6)
Gecko/20050324 Debian/1.7.6-1'
HTTP_REFERER
'http://myhost:9673/copy_of_plone/acl_users/manage_users?FORCE_ALL=1'
SERVER_NAME	'myhost.man.poznan.pl'
REMOTE_ADDR	'150.254.149.174'
PATH_TRANSLATED	'/copy_of_plone/acl_users'
SERVER_PORT	'9673'
CONTENT_LENGTH	'124'
HTTP_HOST	'myhost:9673'
HTTP_ACCEPT
'text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5'
GATEWAY_INTERFACE	'CGI/1.1'
CONTENT_TYPE	'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'
REMOTE_HOST	'ldaphost.man.poznan.pl'
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING	'gzip,deflate'
PATH_INFO	'/copy_of_plone/acl_users'

I get similiar error message when I try to assign a user to any group.

Another problem is that I sometimes when I click on the Users' tab I get
a list of users who already logged in, sometimes I get no users and I
have to use separate link to force their retrieval (there is a message:
"It is reported that 106 users stand in the various user sources.It
might be very long to retreive the whole list but you can force it by
Clicking here.").

Has anybody any idea how to get this things to work? I must be able to
assign Reviewers role to some of my users, otherwise nobody would be
able to publish anything....

Bernard