[Zope] what are the dtml for logout and deleting a existing user??

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 11 16:32:04 EDT 2005

On 11.Mai 2005 - 20:32:33, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Allen Huang wrote at 2005-5-10 09:26 -0700:
> >what are the dtml for logout of an account  and deleting a existing user??
>
> When you are using "basic HTML authentication",
> then logout is a browser operation (and not a server one).

Right.

> You can use the following DTML Method to facilitate logout somehow
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> <h2><dtml-var title_or_id> <dtml-var document_title></h2>
> <dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName() != 'Anonymous User'">
>   <dtml-raise Unauthorized></dtml-raise>
> </dtml-if>
> You have been logged out.
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>
> When you visit it, the browser login dialog appears.
> When you enter wrong (!) login information, you get logged out.

That's not necessary, look at the ZMI, there is a logout option in the
dropdown box. I never digged into "zmi_logout" (IIRC it has that name)
but I think it is not accessible by _any_ Zope-User even not the
Emergency User, so regardless of what you type in the Login-dialog you
get logged out. The only problem I find is that you get presented a
login dialog which always fails to login and this is a bit "weird" as
"logout-action".

Andreas

--
Never be led astray onto the path of virtue.