[Zope] How to find out the full URL

Hong Yuan hongyuan at homemaster.cn
Thu May 12 02:49:23 EDT 2005

J Cameron Cooper wrote:

> If you simply print the request object, you'll see everything
> available. The CGI environment variables are available:
> http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/env.html
>
> You can use ACTUAL_URL or URL0 to get the full url+path.
>
> You can use PATH_TRANSLATED or PATH_INFO to get just the path portion.
>
> You can use QUERY_STRING to get the query string.

Thanks for the information. I found out what I need is the variable
VIRTURL_URL, which includes the complete URL typed into the browser,
including the traverse_subpath components. Alternatively, I think I can
use context.REQUEST.URL+'/'.join(context.REQUEST.traverse_subpath).

--
HONG Yuan
Homemaster Trading Co., Ltd.
E-mail: hongyuan at homemaster.cn