[Zope] dollars-and-cents display fails

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:54:51 EDT 2005

Darn!  That didnt fix it.  I just setup python 2.3.4, setup Zope 2.7.6
again, along with mysql-python 1.2.0 and ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b3, and
fmt="dollars-and-cents" will not display the data.  Also, I tried just
using the c-style formatting: fmt="$%.2f" and I have a different
issue, I get a Type Error - float argument required.  So how do I fix
this decimal or string issue?  Is there something on MySQL needing
setup differently? (which is 5.0.4beta)  Seems more like Python or
Zope issue.

Any ideas to get me in the right direction?

Thanks!

On 5/12/05, Andy Dustman <farcepest at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/12/05, Greg Fischer <retheoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just moved my zope app from 2.7.3 to 2.7.6, plus the mysql db from
> > 5.0.0 to 5.0.4.  After moving everything, I noticed all of my decimal
> > fields that will no longer display their values in DTML unless I
> > remove the dollars-and-cents fmt option.
>
> What version of MySQL-python and ZMySQLDA are you using? For
> MySQL-5.0, you definitely need MySQL-python-1.2.0 or newer and
> ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b3. You aren't using Python-2.4 by any chance, are you?
> 2.4 has a decimal type, which MySQL-python will make use of, if it's
> there, and the DECIMAL columns are returned using the Python decimal
> type. Previously they would have been returned as strings, and that
> might account for your breakage.
>
> --
> Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.
> http://www.terrybisson.com/meat.html

Greg Fischer
1st Byte Solutions
http://www.1stbyte.com