[Zope] dollars-and-cents display fails

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:35:10 EDT 2005

On 5/12/05, Greg Fischer <retheoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Andy.  I do have those versions.  But Python is 2.3.5 because I
> didnt want to move to 2.4.x as I think I read something in the README
> for Zope stating it was not tested for compatibility. (right?)  I
> guess my thought is... Does 2.3.5 have the same issue as 2.4 regarding
> the decimals?  For now, I am just going to setup 2.3.4 and run with
> it.

The Python decimal type is new in 2.4.

I don't think you've actually said whether or not you are actually
using a DECIMAL column.

I had forgotten that ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b3 always returns DECIMAL columns
as Python float. If you look in ZMySQLDA/db.py, you can see where it
does this in the DB class. You could try commenting this line out,
which will cause it to be returned as a string, and restarting Zope.
It's something to try, at least.
--
Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.
http://www.terrybisson.com/meat.html