[Zope] assertion error

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri May 13 15:21:49 EDT 2005

Denis Mishunoff wrote at 2005-5-13 11:21 +0300:
>I use Zope 2.7.3, Python 2.3.4 and Plone 2.0.5
>I have a strange behavior of template. It displays OK when accessing
>via IP address, but when I try to access it via name I get assertion
>error. Template uses the script that contains assertion:

>        if brain.Title != '':
>            obj = brain.getObject()
>            # here it is
>            assert(obj)

Looks as if your catalog were very old and still has entries
with request relative resolution.

Replace "assert(obj)" with

	if not obj:
	   # here the assert would fail
	   # determine its path for later analysis
	   path = brain.getPath()
	   # ensure, you can see "path" somehow
	else:
	   # here the assert would pass

With this information, you can try to analyse the problem
in an interactive Python interpreter.

--
Dieter