[Zope] What does Access Content Info. mean for folders?

Daniel Dekany ddekany at freemail.hu
Sun May 15 13:04:23 EDT 2005

Maybe I'm just lame, but I can't find a description of the commonly used
Zope permission anywhere. (Isn't it missing from the "Users and
Security" chapter of the Zope book? How I am supposed to manage the site
security if I know everything but the meaning of the concrete
permissions?)

Mostly, I would like to *know* (as opposed to try-and-guess) what does
"Access contents information" mean. The definitions I have found on the
Net was rather foggy. I guess because the meaning of this permission
depends on the object in question... but is there a summary for the most
commonly used objects at least? Especially, what does it mean for
folders? At the first glance it specifies if I can get a contained
object, but then I have found that somehow it doesn't apply to the
contained objects that are folders, because I can always get those. Is
this the rule?

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany