[Zope] Seeking advice on Zope implementation

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed May 18 10:20:25 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 10:13, Dan Pozmanter wrote:
> So there is only one service then?

Well, in Zope 3.0 there are many services. But by definition services cannot
be simply removed, since they are essential to the system. However, other
componets can be removed more easily.

In Zope 3.1 we removed the concept of services. All existing services were
implemented using utilities.

> >From the book, it seemed like there was a service for services, utilities,
> > etc.
>
> Will much of the functionality from cmf being added to the core be
> implemented via utilities?

Utilities map to the CMF concept of Tools. Certain ideas from CMF were
migrated into Zope 3, but I doubt that all of them will be ported into the
core, since Zope 3 is an application server, not a CM framework. However,
z3lab.org was just created to discuss a framework on top of Zope 3 that will
provide CM-related features.

Regards,
Stephan
--