[Zope] "Save Changes" executes Python script

Bert Vanderbauwhede batlock666 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 03:20:04 EDT 2005

On 5/18/05, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> Bert Vanderbauwhede wrote at 2005-5-18 09:22 +0200:
> >We have written a Python script that sends a mail. Everytime we modify
> >this script with
> >Firefox 1.0.4 in Windows and click "Save Changes", the script is saved
> >and executed.
> >So everytime we receive a mail.
> >
> >This does not happen when we modify the script with Internet Explorer
> >or Firefox 1.0.4
> >in Linux.
> >
> >Does anyone know about this problem?
>
> Check the ZServer log file (usually called "Z2.log").
> Do you see an additional request in this logfile (which executes the script)?

Yes. Every POST to save the changes is followed by a GET to the same object.
The POST has status 200 - OK, while the GET has status 204 - No Content. This
explains why the script is executed.

It seems that we're not the only one with this problem:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/zope/users/182655

Though in our case it is less damaging.

Bert...