[Zope] Still. Zope date datatype and TimeZone formatting problems.

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon May 23 01:08:43 EDT 2005

--On Sonntag, 22. Mai 2005 13:01 Uhr -0500 Felipe Barousse Boue
<fbarousse at piensa.com> wrote:

> I have noticed that Zope, when getting the data coming from postgresql
> (the date) always takes it to be at midnight in GMT time zone.
>
> I believe it is still a huge bug the the Zope/Python date time handling
> routines, I am correct with this appreciation?

I am pretty sure that this is a problem of the underlaying DA (ZPsycopgDA)
or the under-underlaying psycopg Python module. DateTime instances are
generated
 by DA from the data coming out of the database...so I would look there and
maybe
check with the author of the DA. So try to search the solution from the
bottom
and not from the top.

-aj