[Zope] It is a bug ? 404 error onfly

fowlertrainer at citromail.hu fowlertrainer at citromail.hu
Wed May 25 02:42:06 EDT 2005

Hi !

My contributor have a problem.

His problem is very interesting, but it is in php.

I try to help, but I get same problem in Zope.

The problem is that:
He have a site, and he is paranoid. He is not use static pages to avoid
penetrations.
So: in a dynamic page he is check the request. If parameters are wrong,
he is want to set the resp. header status to 404.
(This is a file downloader method, and if the file is invalid, he want
to answer 404 - page not found.)
He is not want to set location to a static 404 error page (because he is
want to "protect" the orig. URL).

When he is send header with php to Mozilla, or Opera, these browsers are
showing blank page.
IE is showing good page (404).

Then I try to write this example in Zope, to help it:
# test2.py #
request = container.REQUEST
resp=RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE
resp.setStatus(404)

When I try this, I get same result in Zope (/test2).

So: what is the problem ?
And what is the solution ?

Thanx for help:
    ft