[Zope] Accessing file object to upload in an external method

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Thu May 26 18:12:57 EDT 2005

Simon ALEXANDRE wrote:

> I'm new in zope and I'm trying to upload a file on zope using localfs.
> I already done it through a little basic html page + python script.
>
> I would like now use it in an external method.
>
> Here is the line added in the external method:
>
> self.dir_filesystem.manage_upload(file=self.zipfile)
>
> zipfile is the name of the file in the html form (File <INPUT TYPE="file"
> NAME="zipfile" SIZE="25" VALUE="">)
>
> I got the following error:
>
> File "D:\\D-Side/qross/zope_gui\Extensions\Project.py", line 31, in
> PrepareToCreateOrUpdateObject
>     self.dir_filesystem.manage_upload(file=self.zipfile)
>  exceptions.AttributeError: zipfile
>
> I'm quite sure that my error lies in the way I reference 'zipfile' but I
> don't know how to proceed

Two questions to ask yourself: what is 'self' and where would 'zipfile' be?

Since we're not in the same room, I'll answer:

'self' is the object that the method is called on.
'zipfile' is present in the request, since it comes from a form.

How would data from the request be available through the object you
called the method on? But: you can get the request from the context::

  self.request.zipfile

should work.

		--jcc

--