[Zope] Finding an object in a folder

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu May 26 19:57:18 EDT 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:52:36PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote at 2005-5-25 21:03 +0100:
> >> I strongly argue against it. Fix "hasattr" in the Zope context,
> >> instead!
> >
> >Make it so! :-)
>
>       _marker = []
>       def hasattr(obj, attr, marker):
> 	  a = getattr(obj, attr, _marker)
> 	  return a is not _marker
>
>       import __builtin__
>       __builtin__.hasattr = hasattr
>
> Easy enough, isn't it?

Are you currently running zope with a patch like this?
Have you noticed any performance difference?
the zope 2.6 source code contains over 700 calls to hasattr()...

> Now, there need only to be someone who checks it in.

Well, first I think it should be discussed on zope-dev...
unless it already has been? I'll post a message there.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com