[Zope] DTML in Zope 2 vs Zope 3

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:52:46 EDT 2005

Ah you are right.  Just occured to me.  That is kind of a pain in
DTML, but I've learned how to deal with it.  Makes sense.

If I already have an object, say from a form submitted, in the REQUEST
namespace, and I then retrieve data from sql and a column has the same
name, I will have an issue.  Which one is going to display in my var?

I deal with this particular issue by changing my zsql method to return
the column name differently, but there are other times when this may
arise and it is a problem. And this causes you to have to do a bunch
of messy dtml-call REQUEST.set's to set your vars correctly.

I have learned how to deal with these things, but you are right, this
is a problem with DTML and I can see how this exact issue helps make
DTML messy and a little confusing.  Great point.  Thanks.

Greg

--
Greg Fischer
1st Byte Solutions