[Zope] DTML in Zope 2 vs Zope 3

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon May 30 04:56:44 EDT 2005

Am Montag, den 30.05.2005, 13:05 +0800 schrieb Ismet Dere:
> I also like DTML a lot, found it way too easy to understand and simple to use.

I wonder how DTML is more easy then an equally simple
python expression in a script?
Lazy people should love ZPT since it saves a lot of typing
compared to DTML - otoh, a general rule seems to be: beginners
tend to write overly comlicated code.

> it was that simplicity of DTML that made me choose and use Zope over
> PHP in the first place.
>
> if dtml is to be phased out, Zope will be less attractive for new
> users then soon will be irrelevant no matter how sophisticated and
> advanced it may become.

No, it will not phased out. Neither in zope2 nor in zope3.