[Zope] VIRTUAL_URL Failure

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 06:50:49 EST 2005

George Lee wrote:
> http://my.domain.org/VirtualHostBase/http/my.domain.org:80/contentPages
>
> which does not work. Plone folks suspected this was a Zope problem.

Oh really? ;-)

> When Plone sets the came_from, it draws on the REQUEST variable. It
> first looks to see if there is a VIRTUAL_URL in the REQUEST variable,
> but it doesn't find one.

Well, where is VIRTUAL_URL documented? Why doesn't Plohn do something
sane if it's not there?

> I'm wondering if CookieCrumbler is supposed
> to set VIRTUAL_URL given that there's a VHM installed and doesn't?

It's probably some code in the publisher or vhm. Maybe it's something
that didn't get merged from a branch or the trunk.

Your best bet is to come up with minimal (ie: no plone, no cookie
crumbler, etc) way to reproduce this and file a bug report in the collector.

Oh, and grab yourself a copy of grep and see where this should be
defined ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk