[Zope] Zope 2.8 or 3.1?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Nov 11 03:30:17 EST 2005

En/na Jens Vagelpohl ha escrit:

> The only issues you might ever run into would be problems with the
> Python that comes with the OS. But then again if you run Zope in
> production you should never ever use the system Python and build your
> own instead. The system Python tends to be compiled with weird flags on
> RH-based distros to suit their own needs for the many Python-based
> scripts they have in the OS. Don't use it, build your own.

I agree with your opinion, but I have to add that yesterday (that's why
I follow-up now to this old thread) I had to build python 2.3.5 on a
shiny new x86_64 machine and it's been a bitch to get right.
Luckily I found the patches in the (mandriva) rpm for 2.3.4 that solved
(or at least it seems so) the issues with lib/lib64 (there are still a
couple of tests failing but zope seems to run fine).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007