[Zope] experience w/ filestorage mount points? maximum?

Christoph Berendes berendes at netalyst.com
Tue Nov 15 13:24:49 EST 2005

Why so many, in separate files, you ask...

1. why not? (what's the cost/risk of multiple Data.fs files and mount
points), hmmm?

2. makes it easy to move a single client site between instances and
servers (we don't yet know how load is going to mount up, and whether
we'll need to set up a new server at, say, 30 sites, or 100, or ...)

3. site import/export doesn't work as well, and it seems that
import/export of "large" Zope objects is deprecated...

4. I'm told that, occasionally, Data.fs become corrupted. We have some
protection if that happens, since it should (I'd think) affect only one
client, not many.

I'm very interested in answers to #1 (things that will make me regret
our current strategy)