[Zope] Re: Installing Zope on Ubuntu Breezy

Maik Ihde maik at musin.de
Thu Nov 17 05:50:39 EST 2005

Weiers Coetser <coetserw at ...> writes:

Hi

> I also installed plone-site via synaptic. (When I installed this I was
> promted for a username and password)

You might want to setup your instance by Hand if the automatic way does not work
for you. I have that running on breezy badger here at work...

You can call the "mkzopeinstance.py" script for setting up a fresh Zope Instance
on your system. Find it, call it, enter the path where you wish to install and
the inituser/password.

You may want to review the zope.conf in <yournewinstance>/etc/ for setting
appropriate port and user.

Start your new instance and see if you can login via /manage

If you can, you grab the Plone 2.1.1 tarball, unpack it and copy all subfolders
into <yourinstance>/products/ . Change the owner of these copied folders to the
one you use for your zope instance

Restart this Zope instance, and start enjoying the Plone/Zope Combination ;)

Regards
Maik