[Zope] cookie crumbler and error messages

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Nov 18 15:15:24 EST 2005

Paul Hendrick wrote at 2005-11-16 17:28 +0000:
>I'm using CookieCrumbler on a project which sits in / on one server,
>and /project in another.
>I'd like to secure a part of the site through *.metadata files so that
>users of a certain role can't access it. this is done and works well.
>however, when they try to access a part of the site which is secured,
>they're:
>a- given a log in popup prompt which they don't have the details for.

What is "a log in popup prompt"?
Do you mean the browser login dialog?

Usually, you should get the cookie crumblers login form.
If you get instead a browser login dialog, this means that
something went wrong. Often, it means that the URL located
object itself was not protected but it accesses a protected object.

Reconfigure your "error_log" object (ZMI, "Root Folder")
to not ignore "Unauthorized" exceptions.
Reproduce the error and look what the "error_log" might tell
you about it.

--
Dieter