[Zope] Proxy setting for Zope and Products

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Nov 22 11:57:47 EST 2005

On 22 Nov 2005, at 15:38, Renfer Serge (EDU) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm responsible of a server (Debian Sarge) which has been put
> behind a firewall!
>
> I am strugling with proxy problems. For instance, CMFSin doesn't
> seem to work (for syndication slots in Plone), and LDAPUserFolder
> cannot reach an external ldap server.
>
> On the system itself, I have set the http_proxy environment
> variable (in .bashrc), it works fine for apt-get, for example, but
> it seems it has no effect on Zope!
>
> Do you have any idea if there is a way to inform directly Zope and
> all its products about a proxy in a simple way, or only products
> that are proxy-aware can be set to work in such an environment?

There is no such setting and this problem has nothing to do with
Zope. This is *purely* a firewall issue that needs to be solved by
the firewall administrator with input from you. I don't know what
CMFSin is or does, but at least for the LDAPUserFolder you probably
know what LDAP server and port you want to connect to so you need to
tell the firewall admin to allow that access.

jens