[Zope] init.d script and out of place instances

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.demon.nl
Wed Nov 23 17:59:34 EST 2005

Hi,

As far as I can see and tried, the zope2.8 script only deals with instances
which are created in the default instance directory,
/var/lib/zope2.8/instance/.

I would prefer to keep a specific instance of zope in a different directory,
together with other related directories, e.g. files from LocalFS. That is, I
prefer to have all directories of the application, zope or not, under a
common directory. Is there anything wrong with this approach??

I tried to symlink into the instance into /var/lib/zope2.8/instance but the
start script fails. BTW, where are the messages logged? (I'm running Ubuntu)

Is there any solution? Is this specific to the distribution?

Regards,
Fernando