[Zope] 120MB file import failures

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Thu Nov 24 16:25:41 EST 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2005, 11:49 -0800 schrieb Michael Dexter:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize if this is a FAQ, I could not find the answer.
>
> I would like to put a 120MB file into ZODB and it is constantly failing.
>
> TTW insert file fails but works on smaller fails.
>
> WebDAV fails but works on smaller files.
>
> Plus FTP fails having activate it as a last resort.
>
> My environment is FreeBSD 6 with current Zope, Python 2.3.x and a
> /tmp directory of 256MB... I noticed once that this could cause this
> failure.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I do have the file on the OS's filesystem but I see that the object
> "import" only applies to ZODB-ready files.

You could always:

zopectl debug

filedata=open("fileystempath/to/your/file")

app.path_in_zope.manage_addFile("fileid",filedata)

import transaction
transaction.get().commit()

Or use the uploader in the attachment (lets see if
it goes thru the list) like this:

./bin/zopectl run fileimport.py bigfile /path/in/zope/

Greats
Tino