[Zope] DateTime mess

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Nov 25 23:17:21 EST 2005

--On 25. November 2005 12:43:48 -0800 Dennis Allison
<allison at shasta.stanford.edu> wrote:

> True.  But the context of this thread was whether deprecation made sense
> or not.  I was agreeing with Chris that the DateTime problems are better
> solved by replacement than by patching, but also that there is a large
> amount of code that has been made to work using the current DataTime and
> that investment needs to be protected.

I agree that is should be replaced but I also mentioned that we tried to
achieve that already some years ago and we gave up....so talking about
deprecation really makes sense when someone puts a replacement module on
the table. I know that the DateTime module is a piece of crap but crap you
can live mostly with (as long as you don't need timezones :-)).

-aj