[Zope] why will FastCGI not be supported in the Future.

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at ze.tum.de
Mon Nov 28 07:28:19 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm a little bit puzzled why there are growing Number of Mails telling
that the support for FastCGI will disappear in the future. Why is this.

I am running multiple sites that are hybrides of apache/php and zope. It's
very easy to set up such a config with mod fastcgi and Apache. It works
just fine and very stable, even on heavy load.

The posibility to Easy integrate Zope in existing apache/php server was one
of our main reasons to use Zope.

I know there is a way to do just the same with mod_proxy, but mod_proxy does
open new connection for every request while fastcgi uses the same connection
for all requests. The is no problem on low load. But with growing load, this
can become a Problem.

Bye
        Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | EMail: estartu at augusta.de          |  on request
Germany            | 					|