[Zope] why will FastCGI not be supported in the Future.

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Nov 28 10:09:31 EST 2005

--On 28. November 2005 15:52:25 +0100 Gerhard Schmidt <estartu at ze.tum.de>
wrote:

> Sure I object. Why should perfectly working code be removed. There is
> no alternativ for heavy loaded sites which need integration of apache
> and zope. mod_proxy is no alternativ because it raises the load even
> further.

I've seen lots of heavy loaded Zope sites - I've not seen a single one
using FastCGI. Can you give us some number about the FastCGI performance
compared to the standard mod_rewrite approach? Let numbers speak....But
please read carefully...I wrote about deprecating the module but not about
removing it as in my original posting. We want o make clear that FCGI is
not supported.
You are of course free to use it as long as you need.

-aj