[Zope] DateTime mess

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 04:39:36 EST 2005

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Just a note: I don't think mixing in persistance is needed.

Hmm... how so? I've always thought it quite nice that when, for example,
you store the modification time of an object in a DateTime, you can
safely update it without worrying about the whole object having to be
repickled when you change it...

> CalZope
> uses datetime objects straight off the rocks, (as attributes to
> SimpleItems) and they persist just fine. :-)

Yes, they will, but that's not the point ;-)

> There is no default timezone implementation, though. Zope3 has one I
> think, so it could be used.

Yes, I'd verymuch like to see Zope 2 and 3 end up with the same datetime
and timezone story, but one that does involve persistence...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk